The Cluster Lumière, the first of its kind in France, has a mission to:
- Boost innovation in new lighting technologies to meet economic challenges and encourage sustainable development
- Promote competitiveness, cooperative businesses and international development in the sector.
The cluster Lumière is backed by the vitality of the lighting sector in the Rhône-Alpes region, aiming at bringing together partners from research and training, manufacturers, users and expert channels, as well as institutional partners.
What does a cluster consist in ?
“Geographic concentrations of interconnected companies, specialised suppliers, service providers, firms in related industries, and associated institutions (for example, universities, standards agencies, and trade associations) in particular fields that complete but also co-operate”
The objective of a cluster is to make these actors work in synergy to facilitate innovation and competitiveness.
Michael Porter, director of the Institute of strategy and competitiveness at Harvard University.
Cluster Lumiere objectives
Aims at gathering actors of the sector around four professional segments:
- Research and training: study and technique centres , trial and research laboratories, bodies of certification and normalization, training
- Manufacturers: of components, lamps, systems and software control, lighting solutions
- Users / influencers: architects, designers “light”, prime contractors, distributors, fitters
- Institutional and partners: communities, CCI, cities, syndicates, associations.
International leaders in lighting industry
The complete value chain is here, covering every area of expertise, with more than 300 enterprises: manufacturers, R&D, lighting designers, contractors, installers, distributors/ retailers.
- PHILIPS FRANCE, leader on the lighting business (research center)
- SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, world leader in electrical distribution and industrial automation
- SONEPAR, equipment distributor and technical solutions for electricity professionals
- THORN EUROPHANE, manufacturer of indoor and outdoor professional lighting solutions.
Where are all the Cluster Lumière members ?
A partner of Europe Enterprise Network
The Enterprise Europe Network helps SME’s to make the most of the European marketplace. Working through local business organizations, it can help to : develop business in new markets, source or license new technologies, access EU finance and EU funding.
With close to 600 member organizations across the EU and beyond, this Network counts among its members chambers of commerce and industry, technology centers, universities and development agencies. It also provides European information and business opportunities through his marketing intelligence.